IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Capt. Thomas Hastings, 1778–1854, British, Near the Tunnel on the Kenmare Road, Killarney, 4 September 1841, 1841
Near the Tunnel on the Kenmare Road, Killarney, 4 September 1841
- Part Of:
Collective Title: Sketches in Ireland, Killarney and Neighborhood
- Graphite and pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/4 × 14 1/4 inches (26 × 36.2 cm), Binding: 10 1/4 inches (26 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: "18 | 1"; in graphite, lower right: "From the | Kenmare Road | near the Tunnel | <...>"; in graphite, lower left: "Septr | 4th 1841"; in pen and brown ink, lower right: "Near the Tunnel on | the Kenmare Road | Killarney"
Signed and dated in pen and brown ink, lower center: "Septr. 4th 1841. | T Hastings."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- child | hills | lake | landscape | man | rocks | trees | wall | woman
- Associated Places:
- Ireland | Kenmare Road Tunnel | Killarney | Old Kenmare Road
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.