On the Road Between Aghadoe and Dunloh, Killarney, September 1841
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: The Lower Lake from the High Road Between Aghadoe & the Gap of Dunloh
- Part Of:
- Graphite and pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/4 × 14 1/4 inches (26 × 36.2 cm), Binding: 10 1/4 inches (26 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, upper center: "The Reeks"; in graphite, upper right: "21"; in pen and brown ink, lower left: "On the Road between | Aghadoe & Dunloh. Killarney."; inscribed on verso in pen and brown ink, upper center: "Glena Mountain..."; in pen and brown ink, upper right: "& Toomies"
Signed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "T Hastings"; dated lower center in pen and brown ink, lower center: "Septr. 1841"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- chimney | fence | house | landscape | mountains | people | sheep | trees
- Associated Places:
- Aghadoe | Gap of Dunloe | Glena Mountain | Ireland | Killarney | Lough Leane (lake) | Macgillycuddy's Reeks
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Capt. Thomas Hastings, 1778–1854, British, On the Road Between Aghadoe and Dunloh, Killarney, September 1841, 1841
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.