River Laune from the High Road from Killarney & Aghadoe, 6 September 1841
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Small Sketch of a Seated Figure
- Part Of:
- Graphite and pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/4 × 14 1/4 inches (26 × 36.2 cm) and Binding: 10 1/4 inches (26 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: "23"; in pen and brown ink, lower center: "River Laune from the High Road on the turning | going towards the Gap of Dunloh, - from Killarney & Aghadoe"
Signed and dated in pen and brown ink, lower right: "T Hastings | 6 Septr. 1841"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cow | figure | landscape | people | seated
- Associated Places:
- Aghadoe | Gap of Dunloe | Ireland | Killarney | Laune
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Capt. Thomas Hastings, 1778–1854, British, River Laune from the High Road from Killarney & Aghadoe, 6 September 1841, 1841
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.