Taken From the Dunloh Road, 6 September 1841
- Part Of:
- Materials & Techniques:
- Graphite and pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/4 × 14 1/4 inches (26 × 36.2 cm), Binding: 10 1/4 inches (26 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink traced over graphite, upper right: "Mr.Mahony High Sherrif of | Kerry"; in penand brown ink traced over graphite, lower center: "Taken from the Dunloh Road."
Signed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "T.Hastings"; dated in pen and brown ink traced over graphite, lower left: "6 Sept. 1841"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- hills | horses (animals) | house | landscape | mountains | trees
- Associated Places:
- Gap of Dunloe | Ireland | Killarney | Laune
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Capt. Thomas Hastings, 1778–1854, British, Taken From the Dunloh Road, 6 September 1841, 1841
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.