The Purple Mountains, 6 September 1841
- Part Of:
- Materials & Techniques:
- Graphite and pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/4 × 14 1/4 inches (26 × 36.2 cm), Binding: 10 1/4 inches (26 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: "29"; in pen and brown ink, lower center: "The Purple Mountains"; in pen and brown ink, center right: "Purple Heath"; lower right: "& Distant View of Part of Bull Mountain | Taken in the Gap of Dunloh."
Signed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "T Hastings"; dated in pen and brown ink, lower center: "Sketched Sept 6 1841"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- hills | landscape | men | mountains | road | rocks | staff | travelers
- Associated Places:
- Bull Mountain | Ireland | Killarney | Macgillycuddy's Reeks | Purple Mountain
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Capt. Thomas Hastings, 1778–1854, British, The Purple Mountains, 6 September 1841, 1841
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.