- Black Stream Bridge, Gap of Dunlow, 6 September 1841
- Graphite and pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/4 × 14 1/4 inches (26 × 36.2 cm) and Binding: 10 1/4 inches (26 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left to upper right: "Purple M. | <Black Stream Bridge, Dunlow> | Sern | 30"; in pen and brown ink, center: "Brown Heath"; in pen and brown ink, lower center: "Black Stream Bridge = Gap of Dunlow."; inscribed on verso in graphite, center right: "Purple Heath"; in pen and brown ink, center right: "Purple cold.Heath"
Signed and dated in pen and brown ink, lower center: "Septr. 6th. -1841 T Hastings"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bridge (built work) | brown | heath | landscape | mountains | people | purple | road | stream | travelers
- Associated Places:
- Gap of Dunloe | Ireland | Killarney | Macgillycuddy's Reeks | Purple Mountain
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Capt. Thomas Hastings, 1778–1854, British, Black Stream Bridge, Gap of Dunlow, 6 September 1841, 1841
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.