Looking South From the Black Stream Bridge, 6 September 1841
- Part Of:
- Graphite and pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/4 × 14 1/4 inches (26 × 36.2 cm) and Binding: 10 1/4 inches (26 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, upper center to upper right: "Johanna Clifford's Cottage. | Bull Mountain"; in graphite upper right: "32"; in graphite, center: "all in Shadow | In light & Green"; in pen and brown ink, lower right: "Looking South | Sketched | From the Black Stream | Bridge. - Gap of Dunloh."
Signed and dated in pen and brown ink, lower left: "T Hastings"; dated in pen and brown ink, lower right: "Sept 6 1841"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bridge (built work) | cottage | green | landscape | men | mountains | road | seated | shadow | south | stream | travelers
- Associated Places:
- Bull Mountain | Gap of Dunloe | Ireland | Killarney | Macgillycuddy's Reeks
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Capt. Thomas Hastings, 1778–1854, British, Looking South From the Black Stream Bridge, 6 September 1841, 1841
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.