IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Capt. Thomas Hastings, 1778–1854, British, Looking North from Black Stream Bridge, 6 September 1841, 1841
Looking North from Black Stream Bridge, 6 September 1841
- Part Of:
Collective Title: Sketches in Ireland, Killarney and Neighborhood
- Graphite and pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/4 × 14 1/4 inches (26 × 36.2 cm), Binding: 10 1/4 inches (26 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, upper left: "Light"; in graphite, upper right: "33:; in pen and brown ink, lower right: "Looking North | from Black Stream | Bridge Gap of | Dunloh"
Signed and dated in pen and brown ink, lower right: "Sept 6 1841 TH"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bridge (built work) | hills | horse (animal) | landscape | man | mountains | road | stream
- Associated Places:
- Gap of Dunloe | Ireland | Killarney | Macgillycuddy's Reeks
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.