Bull Mountain and Ash Valley Lake in the Gap of Dunloh, September 1841
- Part Of:
- Graphite and pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/4 × 14 1/4 inches (26 × 36.2 cm), Binding: 10 1/4 inches (26 cm)
Inscribed in graphite upper left to upper right: "<Johanna Clifford's Cottage> | <Ash Valley Lake, Dunlow> | Bull Mountain 2010 feet high | 35"; in pen and brown ink, lower left: "Johanna Clifford's Cottage | 111 yrs. old when she died in 1836"; in pen and brown ink, lower right: "2010 ft. high | Bull Mountain & Ash Valley Lake | in the Gap of Dunloh."
Signed and dated in pen and brown ink, lower right: "Sketched | Sept 1841 | T Hastings"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cottage | lake | landscape | mountains | people | road | valley (landform)
- Associated Places:
- Bull Mountain | Gap of Dunloe | Ireland | Killarney | Macgillycuddy's Reeks
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Capt. Thomas Hastings, 1778–1854, British, Bull Mountain and Ash Valley Lake in the Gap of Dunloh, September 1841, 1841
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.