IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Capt. Thomas Hastings, 1778–1854, British, Augur's Lake, Gap of Dunloh, 6 September 1841, 1841
Augur's Lake, Gap of Dunloh, 6 September 1841
- Part Of:
Collective Title: Sketches in Ireland, Killarney and Neighborhood
- Graphite and pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/4 × 14 1/4 inches (26 × 36.2 cm), Binding: 10 1/4 inches (26 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left to upper right: "Augurs Lake | Echo!!! | a Can[ ... ] | 38"; in pen and brown ink, lower right: "Augurs Lake Gap of Dunloe = Killarney."
Signed and dated in pen and brown ink, lower left: "Sketched by T Hastings | Sept 6 1841"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boat | cane | canyon | cliff | echo | lake | landscape | men | mountains | road
- Associated Places:
- Auger Lake | Gap of Dunloe | Ireland | Killarney | Macgillycuddy's Reeks
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.