- Augur's Lake, Gap of Dunloh, 6 September 1841
- Graphite and pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/4 × 14 1/4 inches (26 × 36.2 cm) and Binding: 10 1/4 inches (26 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left to upper right: "Augurs Lake | Echo!!! | a Can[ ... ] | 38"; in pen and brown ink, lower right: "Augurs Lake Gap of Dunloe = Killarney."
Signed and dated in pen and brown ink, lower left: "Sketched by T Hastings | Sept 6 1841"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boat | cane | canyon | cliff | echo | lake | landscape | men | mountains | road
- Associated Places:
- Auger Lake | Gap of Dunloe | Ireland | Killarney | Macgillycuddy's Reeks
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Capt. Thomas Hastings, 1778–1854, British, Augur's Lake, Gap of Dunloh, 6 September 1841, 1841
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.