Augur's Lake, September 1841
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: The Turnpike
- Part Of:
- Graphite and pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- 10 1/4 × 14 1/4 inches (26 × 36.2 cm) and 10 1/4 inches (26 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: "Augurs Lake | 39"; in pen and brown ink, lower right: "Augur's Lake in the Gap of Dunlow near Killarney"
Signed and dated in pen and brown ink, lower right: "Sept 1841 - T Hastings"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- canyon | child | cow | lake | landscape | mountains | woman
- Associated Places:
- Auger Lake | Gap of Dunloe | Ireland | Killarney | Macgillycuddy's Reeks
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Capt. Thomas Hastings, 1778–1854, British, Augur's Lake, September 1841, 1841
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.