- From Under the Rocks at Whitehaven, 1 March 1835
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 5/8 × 16 3/8 inches (27 × 41.6 cm) and Binding: 10 5/8 inches (27 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left to lower center: "From under the Rocks at Whitehaven & Torn Remains of the Battery which was Destroyed by the In-famous Paul Jones"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Capt. Thomas Hastings, 1778–1854, British, From Under the Rocks at Whitehaven, 1 March 1835, 1835
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.