- Alzata della faciata d'una Casa per fare alla Villa
- Graphite, gray wash, pen and black and brown ink, within double-ruled black ink border on slightly textured, medium, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 8 7/8 × 13 3/8 inches (22.5 × 34 cm) and Spine: 13 1/2 inches (34.3 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, upper left: "Alzata della faciata d'una Casa per fare alla Villa"; in pen and brown ink, upper left: "fig. B"; in pen and brown ink, center: "VILLA C[...]"; in pen and black ink, lower left and right, elevation and plan labeled in Italian; in pen and black ink, right, dimensions given: "10", "12", "15"
Signed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "R. architectus"; dated on title page
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | chapels | colonnades | columns (architectural elements) | Corinthian order | country house | domes | exterior | facades | palazzi | pilasters | plans (drawings) | rustication | statues | villas
- Associated Places:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Stephen Riou, 1720–1780, Alzata della faciata d'una Casa per fare alla Villa, 1752
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.