Alzata della Facciata d'una Chiesa
- Part Of:
- Graphite, pen and black, brown, and gray ink, brown and gray wash on slightly textured, medium, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 13 3/8 × 8 7/8 inches (34 × 22.5 cm), Spine: 13 1/2 inches (34.3 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, upper left: "Alzata della Facciata | d'una Chiesa"; in pen and brown ink, lower right, note in Italian
Signed and dated in pen and brown ink, lower left: "R architectus | Rome 1752"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | chapels | colonnades | columns (architectural elements) | Corinthian order | country house | domes | exterior | facades | palazzi | pilasters | plans (drawings) | rustication | statues | villas
- Associated Places:
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Stephen Riou, 1720–1780, Alzata della Facciata d'una Chiesa, 1752
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.