Dr. Syntax and his Counterpart
- Aquatint and etching with hand coloring in watercolor on medium, slightly texture, cream wove paper
- Frame: 23 11/16 × 30 inches (60.2 × 76.2 cm)
Lettered below image, lower left: "Drawn by Rowlandson; below image, lower center: "Dr. Syntax and his Counterpart"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Eugene Galleries, Inc.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- caricature | dinner | genre subject | literary theme | mirror | pipe
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, Dr. Syntax and his Counterpart, 1820
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.