Scene from MacBeth: Apparition of Banquo?
- Graphite on medium, sllightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 4 3/4 × 7 inches (12.1 × 17.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "816"; on verso in graphite, lower left: "816"; lower center: "[...]"; lower right: "816"
Collector's mark: "G Romney"; collector's mark: "George Romney"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mr. and Mrs. J. Richardson Dilworth, B.A. 1938
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- apparition | crowd | Macbeth, play by William Shakespeare | play
- Associated People:
- Banquo (character in Macbeth)
Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, Scene from MacBeth: Apparition of Banquo?, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.