Scene from MacBeth: Apparition of Banquo?
- Graphite on medium, sllightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 4 3/4 × 7 inches (12.1 × 17.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "816"; on verso in graphite, lower left: "816"; lower center: "[...]"; lower right: "816"
Oval collector's mark: Xavier Haas (Lugt 4541); circular collector's mark, verso: Xavier Haas (Lugt 4542)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mr. and Mrs. J. Richardson Dilworth, B.A. 1938
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- apparition | crowd | Macbeth, play by William Shakespeare | play
- Associated People:
- Banquo (character in Macbeth)
Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, Scene from MacBeth: Apparition of Banquo?, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.