- Thomas Wentworth Eques, Com. Straffordiæ
- ca. 1625
- Line engraving and stipple engraving on medium, slightly textured, beige, laid paper
- Sheet: 7 7/8 × 5 5/8 inches (20 × 14.3 cm) and Image: 6 3/16 × 4 11/16 inches (15.7 × 11.9 cm)
Lettered, center: "THOMAS WENTWORTH EQUES COM. STRAFFORDIÆ, etc. PROREX HIBERNIÆ, etc. ET REGI MAG BRITAN. A CONSILIIS SECRET."; lettered, lower left: Thomas Wentworth Ridder, Grave van Strafford | Maregraef en Baron van Wentworth, Woodhouswse | Newmarch, Oversley ende Raby, Luytenant ende | Governeur Generael van t'Koningrÿck Irland, Presis | dent van den Raedt in de Noorderdeelen van Engelandt, | Luytenant van t'Graesschap en Stadt Jorek, Raetsheer in | den Secreten-raet van S.Mait. van Groot Britannien."; lettered, lower right: "Sr. Thomas Wentworth Knight, Earle of Strafforde, | Viscount Wentworth, Baron Wentworth of Wentworth | Woodhouse, Newmarch Oversley and Raby : Lord Lieu | tennant Generallj, and Generall Governor of the Kingdome | of Ireland, Lord President of the Councell established in the | North parts of England Lord Lieutennant of the County and | City of Yorke, and one of his Maties: most honourable privy Councell,&c."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art; Yale University Art Gallery Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Claus Jansz Visscher, 1586–1652, Dutch, Thomas Wentworth Eques, Com. Straffordiæ, ca. 1625
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.