- William Russell, Earl of Bedford
- Line engraving, stipple engraving and etching on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 21 1/16 × 12 7/8 inches (53.5 × 32.7 cm), Plate: 14 3/4 × 9 3/8 inches (37.5 × 23.8 cm), and Image: 14 × 8 5/8 inches (35.6 × 21.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "1613 + 1700 (5th Earl)"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "L.P. proof."
Lettered, center: "WILLIAM RUSSEL EARL OF BEDFORD | CREATED DUKE 1694"; lettered, lower left: "J.Houbraken sclup. Amst."; lettered, lower center: "In the Collection of the Hon: John Spencer Esqr."; lettered, lower right: "Ant:van Dyck pinx. | Impensis J.& P. Knapton Londini 1738."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art; Yale University Art Gallery Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Jacobus Houbraken, 1698–1780, Dutch, William Russell, Earl of Bedford, 1738
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.