- William Cavendish, Duke of Newcastle
- Line engraving, stipple engraving and etching on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet: 14 × 9 inches (35.6 × 22.9 cm) and Image: 13 7/8 × 8 15/16 inches (35.2 × 22.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "1.50"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "cx"
Lettered, upper right; "WILLIAM CAVENDISH DUE of NEWCASTLE"; lettered, center right: "A.Vandyke Eq. pinx."; lettered, lower center: "From the Original in possession of ye Earl & Countess of Oxford"; lettered, lower right: "G.Vertue Londini Sculp | Impensis J.& P. Knapton Londini, 1739."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art; Yale University Art Gallery Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by George Vertue, 1684–1756, British, William Cavendish, Duke of Newcastle, 1739
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.