- Materials & Techniques:
- Gray wash and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 5/8 × 8 3/4 inches (14.3 × 22.2 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, center: "No 412"; lower left: "412"; lower center: "[...]"; lower right: "412"
Oval collector's mark: Xavier Haas (Lugt 4541); circular collector's mark, verso: Xavier Haas (Lugt 4542)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mr. and Mrs. J. Richardson Dilworth, B.A. 1938
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- apparition | figure study | figures | literary theme | Macbeth, play by William Shakespeare
- Associated People:
- Banquo (character in Macbeth)
Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.