IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
George Romney, 1734–1802, British, Ladies in Waiting, undated
Ladies in Waiting
- Gray wash and graphite on medium, smooth, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 5 x 6 1/2 inches (12.7 x 16.5 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "[...]"
Watermark; oval collector's mark: Xavier Haas (Lugt 4541); circular collector's mark, verso: Xavier Haas (Lugt 4542)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mr. and Mrs. J. Richardson Dilworth, B.A. 1938
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- dress | figure study | genre subject | genre subject | ladies | man | nude | vest | women
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.