Scene from MacBeth: Banquo?
- Gray wash and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 5/8 × 7 5/8 inches (14.3 × 19.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "491"; on verso in graphite, center: "No 491"; lower center: "[...]"; lower left: "491"
Collector's mark: "G Romney"; collector's mark: "George Romney"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mr. and Mrs. J. Richardson Dilworth, B.A. 1938
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figures | literary theme | Macbeth, play by William Shakespeare
- Associated People:
- Banquo (character in Macbeth)
Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.