IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by William Holl, 1807–1871, British, Portrait of J.M.W. Turner, 1859
Portrait of J.M.W. Turner
- Part Of:
- Line engraving, stipple engraving and etching on thin, smooth, cream wove paper, mounted on cream wove paper
- Sheet: 17 1/2 × 12 1/2 inches (44.5 × 31.7 cm), Image: 6 × 4 3/4 inches (15.2 × 12.1 cm)
Lettered below image, center: "W.Holl. Sculpt. | J.M.W. Turner | From the Picture in the National Gallery | London. James S. Virtue"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of James Wilson, YCBA Docent
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Associated People:
- Turner, Joseph Mallord William (1775–1851), landscape and history painter
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.