- Venice, Evening
- Lift-ground etching, aquatint, and carborundum with hand coloring, printed on sixteen sheets on Velin Arches 300gsm white wove paper
- Overall: 63 × 77 3/8 inches (160 × 196.5 cm)
Inscribed on sheet 14 in graphite, lower center: "AP 4/14 | For Maria - Love from Howard"; inscribed on verso of each sheet in graphite, upper center: "46"
Each sheet stamped on verso with arrow in silver ink
Signed on sheet 14 in graphite, lower center: "HH 1995"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Marla Price
- Copyright Status:
- © The Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- abstract art | evening | night
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
A Decade of Gifts and Acquisitions, New Haven, 2017, pp. 17-18, V2724 (YCBA)
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Sir Howard Hodgkin, 1932–2017, British, Venice, Evening, 1995
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.