IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, Greenwich Hospital, undated
- Part Of:
Collective Title: Rowlandson's Sketches: Album of 150 Drawings
- Graphite and pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 4 × 4 7/8 inches (10.2 × 12.4 cm), Sheet: 8 3/4 × 6 1/2 inches (22.2 × 16.5 cm), Binding: 8 3/4 inches (22.2 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower center: "GREENWICH HOSPITAL | was founded in 1694. by King William & Queen Mary. | for the use of disabled English seamen & their Children | and for the widows and children of such as were slain at Sea"
Watermark on album page: "Smith & Allnutt 1823"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors-Sketchbooks
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.