- Part Of:
- Graphite and pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 4 × 4 7/8 inches (10.2 × 12.4 cm), Sheet (album page): 8 3/4 × 6 1/2 inches (22.2 × 16.5 cm), and Binding: 8 3/4 inches (22.2 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower center: "GREENWICH HOSPITAL | was founded in 1694. by King William & Queen Mary. | for the use of disabled English seamen & their Children | and for the widows and children of such as were slain at Sea"
Watermark on album page: "Smith & Allnutt 1823"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors-Sketchbooks
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, Greenwich Hospital, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.