Alfred in the Danish Camp
- Part Of:
- Etching and line engraving on thin, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- 14 × 8 7/8 inches (35.6 × 22.5 cm), 11 7/8 × 7 1/2 inches (30.2 × 19.1 cm), and 10 1/8 × 6 1/2 inches (25.7 × 16.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "Whitlocke 2 | 78 or 80"
Lettered within image, lower center: "Alfred In The Danish Camp"; below image, lower left: "Smirke del."; lower right: "A. Smith sculp."; below, center: "Published by Nuttall, Fisher & Dixon. Liverpool. June 1816."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of James Wilson, YCBA Docent
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- frame (furnishing) | harp | historical subject | knights | tents
- Associated Places:
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Anker Smith, 1759–1819, British, Alfred in the Danish Camp, 1816
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.