Cardinal Wolsey Receiving a Letter Sent by Henry VIII
- Part Of:
- Etching and line engraving on thin, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 × 8 7/8 inches (35.6 × 22.5 cm), Plate: 11 3/8 × 7 7/8 inches (28.9 × 20 cm), and Image: 10 × 6 7/8 inches (25.4 × 17.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "Whitlocke.- | facs page 208"
Lettered within image, lower center: "Cardinal Wolsey Receiving A Letter | Sent By Heaven"; below image, lower left: "R. Smirke delin."; center: "Published June 29. 1811, by J.Stratford, 112 Holborn Hill.; right: "W. Bromley sc."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of James Wilson, YCBA Docent
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- frame (furnishing) | historical subject | horses (animals) | letter
- Associated People:
- Wolsey, Thomas (1470/71–1530), royal minister, archbishop of York, and cardinal
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Bromley, 1769–1842, British, Cardinal Wolsey Receiving a Letter Sent by Henry VIII, 1811
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.