Queen Margaret Resigning the Duke of York
- Part Of:
- Etching and line engraving on thin, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 × 8 7/8 inches (35.6 × 22.5 cm), Plate: 11 7/8 × 7 5/8 inches (30.2 × 19.4 cm), and Image: 9 7/8 × 6 1/4 inches (25.1 × 15.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "Whitlocke | facs p. 162 | 5723"
Lettered within image, lower center: "Queen Margaret Resigning the Duke of York."; below image, center: "Drawn by Smirke. Engraved by Milton & Published by J. Stratford 112 Holborn Hill. July 13. 1811."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of James Wilson, YCBA Docent
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- frame (furnishing) | historical subject
- Associated People:
- Margaret of Anjou (1430–1482), queen of England, consort of Henry VI
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Thomas Milton, 1743–1827, British, Queen Margaret Resigning the Duke of York, 1811
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.