The Prince of Wales Brought before Edward IV, after the Battle of Tewkesbury
- Part Of:
- Etching and line engraving on thin, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 × 8 7/8 inches (35.6 × 22.5 cm), Plate: 11 7/8 × 7 1/2 inches (30.2 × 19.1 cm), Image: 10 1/4 × 6 1/2 inches (26 × 16.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "Whitlocke | facs p. 156 | 572?"
Lettered within image, lower center: "The Prince of Wales Brought Before Edward IV. | After the Battle of Tewkesbury."; below image, lower center: "Drawn by Smirke, Engraved by A. Smith, & Published by J. Stratford, 112, Holborn Hill, May 4th. 1811."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of James Wilson, YCBA Docent
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- frame (furnishing) | historical subject | prince | soldiers
- Associated People:
- Edward [Edward of Westminster], prince of Wales
Edward IV (1442–1483), king of England and lord of Ireland
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Anker Smith, 1759–1819, British, The Prince of Wales Brought before Edward IV, after the Battle of Tewkesbury, 1811
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.