Queen Margaret Protected by a Robber
- Part Of:
- Etching and line engraving on thin, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 × 8 7/8 inches (35.6 × 22.5 cm), Plate: 11 7/8 × 7 5/8 inches (30.2 × 19.4 cm), and Image: 9 1/2 × 6 3/8 inches (24.1 × 16.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "Whitlock [abt.] 150"
Lettered within image, lower center: "Queen Margaret Protected by a Robber,"; below image, lower left: "R. Smirke delin."; lower center: "Published May 19th. 1810. by J. Stratford. 112. Holborn Hill.; lower right: "Anker Smith sculpt."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of James Wilson, YCBA Docent
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- forest | frame (furnishing) | historical subject | queen (person) | thief
- Associated People:
- Margaret of Anjou (1430–1482), queen of England, consort of Henry VI
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Anker Smith, 1759–1819, British, Queen Margaret Protected by a Robber, 1810
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.