- The Death Warrant Read to Mary Queen of Scots
- Etching and line engraving on thin, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 × 8 7/8 inches (35.6 × 22.5 cm), Plate: 10 5/8 × 7 3/8 inches (27 × 18.7 cm), and Image: 9 7/8 × 5 7/8 inches (25.1 × 14.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "Whitlocke | facs p. 262"
Lettered within image, lower center: "The Death Warrant Read | To Mary Queen of Scots."; below image, lower center: "Drawn by Brown, Engraved by Corner & Published by J. Stratford. No. 112, Holborn Hill. Decr. 15th. 1810."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of James Wilson, YCBA Docent
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- history paintings | interior | robes | rooms | royalty | tapestry | warrants
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Corner, 1788–1825, The Death Warrant Read to Mary Queen of Scots, 1810
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.