The Death of Cardinal Wolsey
- Part Of:
- Etching and line engraving on thin, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 × 8 7/8 inches (35.6 × 22.5 cm), Plate: 11 1/2 × 7 1/2 inches (29.2 × 19.1 cm), and Image: 10 × 6 1/4 inches (25.4 × 15.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "Whitlocke | facs p. 201"
Lettered within image, lower center: "The | Death of Cardinal Wolsey."; lower left: "Drawn by R. Smirke.; lower center: "Published by J. Stratford, 112, Holborn Hill, Feby.11th. 1811."; lower right: "Engraved by P. Audinet."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of James Wilson, YCBA Docent
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- crucifixes | curtains | deaths | interior | mourners | priests | rooms | tapestry
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Philip Audinet, 1766–1837, British, The Death of Cardinal Wolsey, 1811
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.