Venice, Evening, Sheet 14
- Part Of:
- Materials & Techniques:
- Lift-ground etching, aquatint, and carborundum with hand coloring on Velin Arches 300gsm white wove paper
- Sheet: 15 3/4 × 19 1/2 inches (40 × 49.5 cm), Sheet: 62 7/8 × 77 3/8 inches (159.7 × 196.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Signed on sheet 14 in graphite, lower: "AP 4/14 | For Maria - Love from Howard"; inscribed on verso in graphite, upper center: "46"
Verso: stamped arrow in silver ink
Signed and dated in graphite, lower center: "HH 1995"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Marla Price
- Copyright Status:
- © The Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- abstract art | evening | night
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Sir Howard Hodgkin, 1932–2017, British, Venice, Evening, Sheet 14, 1995
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.