William Simpson, 1823–1899, British, Study of an Ox and Standing Figures, 1860
Study of an Ox and Standing Figures
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Delhi, 14 January 1860
- Part Of:
- Graphite on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 4 × 5 7/8 inches (10.2 × 14.9 cm) and Binding: 4 1/4 inches (10.8 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, center right: "Delhi"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Paul F. Walter
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors-Sketchbooks
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | camel (mammal) | carriage | figure study | genre subject
- Associated Places:
- Delhi | India
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.