Sketches of Two Heads, and a Man Reading a Book
- Part Of:
- between 1715 and 1720
- Pen and brown ink and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 12 1/8 × 7 3/4 inches (30.8 × 19.7 cm) and Binding: 13 inches (33 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: "25"
Extensively lettered inside image in pen and brown ink, lower center starting with: "146 | The Nature"
Signed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "HWmsly. Inventor & Fecit."; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors-Sketchbooks
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Hamlet Winstanley, 1698–1756, British, Sketches of Two Heads, and a Man Reading a Book, between 1715 and 1720
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.