Study of Classical Statue of Hercules, October 6, 1717
- Part Of:
- Red chalk on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 12 1/8 × 7 3/4 inches (30.8 × 19.7 cm) and Binding: 13 inches (33 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: "52"
Signed and dated on verso in graphite, lower center: "Octobr. 1717 HW."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors-Sketchbooks
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Hamlet Winstanley, 1698–1756, British, Study of Classical Statue of Hercules, October 6, 1717, 1717
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.