- Outer Gate of Ancient Carcassone or Cite with the Statue of Madame Carcasse
- Watercolor and graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 16 1/8 × 12 7/8 inches (41 × 32.7 cm) and Binding: 16 1/8 inches (41 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper center: "Languedoc | & Ande"; inscribed in pen and grey ink, lower center: "Outer gate of Ancient Carcassone or Cite | with the Statue of Madame Carcasse."
Signed in pen and black ink, lower right: "CHS"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | fortress | gate | landscape | statue
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Charles Hamilton Smith, 1776–1859, Belgian, Outer Gate of Ancient Carcassone or Cite with the Statue of Madame Carcasse, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.