Grotto of Sassenage from the Opposite Bank of the Furans Near Grenoble
- Former Title(s):
- Part Of:
- Watercolor and graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 16 1/8 × 12 7/8 inches (41 × 32.7 cm) and Binding: 16 1/8 inches (41 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper center: "Dauphiny | [...] Isere"; inscribed in pen and grey ink, lower center: "Grotto of Sassenage. | from the opposite bank of the Furans near Grenoble."
Signed in pen and black ink, lower right: "CHS"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | landscape
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Charles Hamilton Smith, 1776–1859, Belgian, Grotto of Sassenage from the Opposite Bank of the Furans Near Grenoble, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.