Baths of Panticosa
- Former Title(s):
- Additional Title(s):
Baths of Panticosa 8500 ft Above the Level of the Sea. The Highest Inhabited Spot of the Pyrenees.
- Part Of:
- Watercolor, gouache and graphite on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 16 1/8 × 12 7/8 inches (41 × 32.7 cm) and Binding: 16 1/8 inches (41 cm)
Inscribed in pen and grey ink, lower center: "Baths of Panticosa 8500 ft above the level | of the sea. The highest inhabited spot in the Pyrenees."; inscribed in graphite, lower center: <...>
Signed in pen and black ink, lower right: "CHS"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | landscape
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Charles Hamilton Smith, 1776–1859, Belgian, Baths of Panticosa, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.