- The Nauroure Rocks at the Division of the Waters of the Canal du Midi from the North
- Watercolor and graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 16 1/8 × 12 7/8 inches (41 × 32.7 cm) and Binding: 16 1/8 inches (41 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower center: "The Nauroure rocks at the division of the waters of the Canal du Midi | from the North."; inscribed in graphite, lower center: <...>; inscribed in pen and black ink, lower left: "March 9th 1820."
Signed in pen and black ink, lower right: "CHS", and dated, lower left: "March 9th 1820"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | landscape
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Charles Hamilton Smith, 1776–1859, Belgian, The Nauroure Rocks at the Division of the Waters of the Canal du Midi from the North, 1820
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.