Avignon from the Island, Mont Ventoux in the Distance.
- Additional Title(s):
- Part Of:
- Materials & Techniques:
- Watercolor and graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 16 1/8 × 12 7/8 inches (41 × 32.7 cm), Binding: 16 1/8 inches (41 cm)
Inscribed in pen and gray ink, lower center: "Avignon from the Island. | Mont Ventoux in the distance."; inscribed in graphite, lower center: <...>; inscribed in graphite, upper center: "Dauphiny | Court at [...]"; inscribed in pen and black ink, lower left: "on the spot 1820"
Signed in pen and black ink, lower right: "CHS"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | landscape
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Charles Hamilton Smith, 1776–1859, Belgian, Avignon from the Island, Mont Ventoux in the Distance, 1820
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.