IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Charles Hamilton Smith, 1776–1859, Belgian, Fort de la Cluse (Fort de l'Ecluse), Looking Towards the Valley of Geneva, undated
Fort de la Cluse (Fort de l'Ecluse), Looking Towards the Valley of Geneva
- Former Title(s):
- Part Of:
- Watercolor and graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 16 1/8 × 12 7/8 inches (41 × 32.7 cm), Binding: 16 1/8 inches (41 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper center: "Burgundy | D. Ain"; inscribed, upper right: "99"; inscribed in pen and black ink, lower center: "Fort de la Cluse. | looking towards the valley of Geneva."; inscribed in graphite, lower center: <...>
Signed in pen and black ink, lower right: "CHS"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | landscape
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.