Nantua from the Lake.
- Former Title(s):
- Part Of:
- Watercolor and graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 16 1/8 × 12 7/8 inches (41 × 32.7 cm) and Binding: 16 1/8 inches (41 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper center: "Dept of the Aisne"; inscribed in pen and black ink, lower center: "Nantua from the lake."; inscribed in graphite, lower center: <...>; inscribed in graphite, lower rigth: "Drawn on the spot 1820."; inscribed in graphite, upper right: "93"
Signed in pen and black ink, lower right: "CHS"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | landscape
- View by request in the Study Room
YCBA Collections Search
Charles Hamilton Smith, 1776–1859, Belgian, Nantua from the Lake, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.