Three Rocks of Lava near Roquemaure on the Rhone
- Former Title(s):
- Part Of:
- Watercolor and graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 16 1/8 × 12 7/8 inches (41 × 32.7 cm) and Binding: 16 1/8 inches (41 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper center: "Lower Languedoc | d. Drome"; inscribed in pen and black ink, lower center: "Three Rocks of Lava near Rochemaure | on the Rhone."; inscribed in graphite, lower center: <...>; inscribed in graphite, center right: "France Vol 2"
Signed in pen and ink, lower right: "CHS"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | landscape
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Charles Hamilton Smith, 1776–1859, Belgian, Three Rocks of Lava near Roquemaure on the Rhone, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.