Madonna and Child
- Additional Title(s):
The Virgin and Child
- Watercolor and graphite on medium, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 13 3/4 x 11 3/8 inches (34.9 x 28.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "23"
Signed in graphite, lower right: "R Cosway"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Mr. and Mrs. Stuart P. Feld
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- basket | birds | child | Christ-child playing ~ Madonna-representations (+ Holy Ghost (as a dove)) | column (architectural element) | curtains | dove | flowers (plants) | mother | religious and mythological subject | roses (plant) | vases | woman
- Associated People:
- Jesus Christ (7-2 BC/BCE to 30-36 AD/CE)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
Stephen Lloyd, Richard & Maria Cosway: regency artists of taste and fashion, Scottish National Portrait Gallery, Edinburgh, p. 81, cat. 171, NJ18 C7985 L56 1995 (LC)+ Oversize (YCBA)