Tomb of Jean-Jacques Rousseau on the Island Elysium in the Gardens Ermenonville Near Paris.
- Former Title(s):
- Part Of:
- Watercolor and graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 16 1/8 × 12 7/8 inches (41 × 32.7 cm) and Binding: 16 1/8 inches (41 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper center: "Isle of France | Seine d. Oise"; inscribed in pen and black ink, lower center: "Tomb of J J. Rousseau | on the Island Elysium in the gardens Ermenonville | near Paris."; inscribed in graphite, lower center: <...>
Signed in pen and ink, lower left: "CHS"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | landscape
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Charles Hamilton Smith, 1776–1859, Belgian, Tomb of Jean-Jacques Rousseau on the Island Elysium in the Gardens Ermenonville Near Paris, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.