Lake Pavin in a Volcanic Crater at the Summit of Mont D' Or, Puy de Dôme.
- Former Title(s):
- Part Of:
- Watercolor and graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- 16 1/8 × 12 7/8 inches (41 × 32.7 cm) and 16 1/8 inches (41 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower center: "Lake Pelvin. | in a volcanic crater at the Summit of Mont D'Or | Puy de Dome."; inscribed in graphite, lower center: <...>
Signed in pen and ink, lower right: "CHS"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | landscape
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Charles Hamilton Smith, 1776–1859, Belgian, Lake Pavin in a Volcanic Crater at the Summit of Mont D' Or, Puy de Dôme, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.