Fort de Joux, Department du Doubs, Prison of Mirabeau and Toussaint L' Ouverture
- Former Title(s):
- Part Of:
- Materials & Techniques:
- Watercolor and graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 16 1/8 × 12 7/8 inches (41 × 32.7 cm), Binding: 16 1/8 inches (41 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower center: "Fort de Joux, department du Doubs. | Prison of Mirabeau and Toussaint L' Ouverture."; in graphite, lower center: "<...>"
Signed in pen and ink, lower right: "CHS"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | landscape
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Charles Hamilton Smith, 1776–1859, Belgian, Fort de Joux, Department du Doubs, Prison of Mirabeau and Toussaint L' Ouverture, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.