- Watercolor with pen and brown ink on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 6 7/8 × 9 5/8 inches (17.4 × 24.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, upper center: "S. Prout (underlined)"; on mount, lower left: "Samuel Prout"; on mount, lower center: "Coast Scene"; on back of mount, center: "Samuel Prout | Coast Scene"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Mr. and Mrs. Thomas M. Folds
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | chains | coast | coats | flag | genre subject | hats | hills | landscape | marine art | men | rocks (landforms) | sailboats | sea | ship | stripes | sunrise | sunset | trousers | waves (natural events)
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.