Interior of the Great Mosque at Cardova
- Former Title(s):
- Part Of:
- Watercolor and graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- 16 1/8 × 12 7/8 inches (40.9 × 32.7 cm) and 16 1/8 inches (41 cm)
Inscribed in black ink, lower center: "Interior of the Great Mosque at Cardova | 512 ft. long 423 broad. | 632 polished marble columns."; lower right: "CHS"
Signed in pen and black ink, lower right: "CHS"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | landscape
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Charles Hamilton Smith, 1776–1859, Belgian, Interior of the Great Mosque at Cardova, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.